Custom Aluminum Extrusions
What is a custom extrusion
Rectangular bar, square bar, angle, channel, tubing, any size shape, can be a custom extrusion.
- All custom extrusions are subject to inquiry only.
- Standard alloys – 6061, 6063.
- Length of 72 inches and greater do not carry any special cutting charge.
- Each custom extrusion will have a die cost. This price will very greatly depending on the complexity of the custom extrusion.
- Custom extrusion die drawing must be signed off by you, our customer, before the mill will proceed with making the die.
- Lead times do vary from 5 – 6 weeks to 10 – 12 weeks (all lead times are subject to change.)
- Custom extrusion minimum order amount may vary from 500# to 5000#.
- Material cost will vary.
- Any standard size extrusion can be run to custom lengths.
- Custom extrusions can have special packaging – paper interleave, fiber box or shrink wrap.
Customers will provide ERICKSON METALS with the following:
- Amount needed (feet or pounds.)
- Lengths wanted (different length same item – mill minimum each length.)
- Any special packaging.
- Any critical surfaces.
- Special finishes (anodizing, painting.)
- End use (general.)
- Alloy and temper wanted.
ERICKSON METALS will provide the customer with the following:
- Estimated weight per foot.
- Estimated weight per length.
- Die cost.
- Lead time (after die drawing is signed off.)
- Cost of material price per pound or by the length.
- Estimated number of lengths per mill run.
- Minimum amount per order (mill minimum per custom length.)